2021 Honda Talon 1000 FOX Live Valve
- Talon 1000R FOX Live Valve
- Talon 1000X FOX Live Valve
Introduced in November 2018, Honda’s Talon® 1000R and Talon 1000X brought a new level of excitement, precision, and refinement to the two-seat sport side-by-side category, helping off-road enthusiasts to tackle some of the toughest terrain across the country. Now, with the introduction of the 2021 Talon 1000R FOX® Live Valve and Talon 1000X FOX Live Valve, that drive experience will be maximized through high-tech electronic suspension that adjusts itself to terrain on the fly.
Important additions to the continually growing Talon family, both Talon 1000 FOX Live Valve models feature technology garnered from a close working relationship with FOX and Bosch®. The system, already proven in the Talon 1000X-4 FOX Live Valve four-seat sport side-by-side, automatically adjusts damping on each shock independently. Adjustments occur up to 16 times a second, for reduced bottoming, pitch and roll.
Each 2021 Talon 1000 FOX Live Valve two-seat model comes standard with electronic Launch Mode, an easy-to-actuate system that gets the drive experience off to an exciting start with full-throttle acceleration from a dead stop. For added style, the frame and Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS) are color-matched.
As with the rest of the Talon lineup, the Talon 1000 FOX Live Valve two-seat models come standard with industry-exclusive technologies, including Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), multiple shifting modes, a full sub-transmission, i-4WD traction-aiding technology and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD).
New for 2021
- FOX Live Valve suspension maximizes versatility, determining the best compression-damping setting for each shock based on vehicle conditions and behavior.
- Suspension Mode switch with Sport and Normal settings enables driver to bias the FOX Live Valve system for the planned style of driving.
- Launch Mode enables exciting, quick starts from a dead stop.
- Color-matched frame and ROPS complement aggressive, sporty Talon design.
- The Talon’s design takes inspiration from Honda’s CRF Performance line, with a high bodyline that contributes to the machine’s sporty look but also provides a feeling of safety and security for driver and passenger.
- Aggressive, sporty fenders and wheel wells aid in keeping mud and debris off the vehicle and its occupants.
- Motorcycle-inspired shrouds work in conjunction with four separate side vents to aid engine cooling.
- Sport seats are wide and weather-resistant, and the driver side is adjustable via an automobile-grade slide mechanism, for comfort, confidence and control.
- The steering wheel is infinitely adjustable for tilt, while the passenger gets a door armrest and grab handle with quick-release adjustment lever, enabling the driver and passenger to be comfortable and secure.
- A roof comes standard and uses a front lip to keep moisture from reaching the interior. A horizontal pass-through split provides downforce at higher speeds while also providing appropriate aerodynamics when the vehicle is being towed on a trailer (whether facing frontward or backward).
- Full side nets feature rigidly mounted buckles to make latching simple and quick.
- LED headlights with high and low beam help illuminate the trail for optimum visibility.
- The lids on the hood, bed cover, battery compartment and fuse box can all be opened without tools, simplifying checks and service.
- Lightweight plastic body panels are coated with automotive-grade paint for a long-lasting, high-quality look.
- Injection-molded skid plates protect components and help the vehicle glide off of obstacles.
- The bed is large enough to accept a large cooler, while six integrated tiedown points allow items to be secured for aggressive driving.
- A 12V accessory adapter comes standard.
- The cup holders are designed to securely hold containers of varying diameters and will accept most insulated tumblers.
- A 999cc four-valve Unicam® parallel-twin engine with oversquare, 92×75.2mm bore-and-stroke specification make for great acceleration performance and driver-friendly power.
- Intake-port shape is developed for optimum airflow at cylinder entry, enhancing power and fuel economy.
- A throttle body with 46mm throttle bore and large fuel-injector nozzles complement the sporty engine performance.
- Roller-rocker arms have friction-reducing bearings for optimum engine performance.
- The engine is rubber-mounted for reduced engine-vibration transfer, contributing to an enhanced passenger experience.
- An engine-intake scoop is positioned behind the passenger door to limit dust from reaching the air filter, allowing stronger performance, improved durability, and reduced maintenance in challenging off-road conditions.
- Resonator design provides for an enticing air-intake sound, while a connector between the exhaust headers offers an ear-pleasing exhaust note.
- Cooling system includes a 1.1-inch-thick radiator measuring 15.7 x 14.2 inches, as well as a 13.4-inch, eight-blade fan to keep the engine operating within its optimum temperature range.
- Robust driveshaft U-Joints provide torsional strength and durability on the toughest of trails.
- High-mounted driveshaft components maximize ground clearance and reduce susceptibility to damage.
Dual Clutch Transmission
- Six-speed DCT provides sport-oriented feel, versatility, and options through two fully automatic modes—Drive and Sport. The former allows the engine to operate at a lower rpm for relaxed driving or where reducing load on the drivetrain results in smoother performance over rough terrain, while the latter holds gears longer for more aggressive driving.
- A Manual mode gives the driver full control over the transmission, allowing the ability to change gears at will via paddle shifters on the steering column. (The paddle shifters can also be used when in the automatic modes, to override gear selection.)
- Clutch-temperature indicator for monitoring DCT status in extreme conditions.
- Sub-transmission effectively doubles the number of gears, enhancing the versatility of the Talon in varying terrains or driving conditions.
- A double-wishbone front suspension design offers the ideal balance between rigidity and tuned flex for maximum precision on the trail.
- Talon 1000R FOX Live Valve offers 17.7 inches of front-wheel travel; a 4+ Link suspension system for the rear limits toe change to only .3 degrees through the entire 20.1 inches of stroke, for excellent alignment control.
- Talon 1000X FOX Live Valve offers 14.4 inches of front-wheel travel; a 3 Link rear-suspension system has a high-positioned trailing arm for improved ground clearance and provides 15 inches of travel.
- Talon 1000R FOX Live Valve has shocks with 2.5-inch bodies and 7/8-inch shafts for minimal fade during aggressive driving and to handle the high loads of sport side-by-side use.
- Talon 1000X FOX Live Valve has shocks with 2.5-inch bodies and 7/8-inch shafts for quick response.
- Talon 1000R FOX Live Valve has a 68.4” width, which is appropriate for when bump absorption and stability are the priority, while the Talon 1000X FOX Live Valve has a 64” width, enabling it to be maneuverable and precise.
- A one-piece frame was engineered at Honda R&D America, with focus on a plush ride, maximum ground clearance and precise steering response. Designed using Honda’s vast off-road experience, the chassis maintains appropriate levels of stiffness and compliance to retain consistent geometry even when pushed under the hardest loads.
- A state-of-the-art frame treatment process (including an e-coat dip, oven baking, powdercoat spraying, and an additional oven bake) guarantees the paint quality and ensures rust-prevention needs are met.
- 44% front-end weight bias offers balanced feel and ideal handling.
- 28×9-15 front and 28×11-15 rear tires were developed as a joint effort between Honda and Maxxis for ideal traction, damping, feel and wear.
- 34 mm twin-piston front calipers and 34 mm single-piston rear calipers are paired to 250 mm brake rotors for optimum braking performance.
- Low-expansion brake hoses and a 17 mm master cylinder provide precise braking feel so that drivers can effectively modulate force to suit the conditions.
- Rubber shims between the brake pads and calipers/pistons reduce brake noise.
- Honda i-4WD manages the amount of slip between left and right front wheels, applying torque to the one with greater grip, resulting in excellent traction in tough off-road conditions.
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution strategically applies braking force to optimize stability under braking, minimizing rear-chassis lift when in two-wheel drive.
- Hill Start Assist (HSA) temporarily holds the Talon in place without the need to apply pressure on the brake pedal, enabling the driver to focus on modulating the throttle in order to adeptly handle an assent.
Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a HondaCare Protection Plan.
- Meets current CARB and EPA off-road emissions standards
- Recommended for Drivers 16 years of age and older
Honda recognizes that side-by-side owners love to make their vehicle uniquely theirs, and thus continues to expand its lineup of accessories for the Talon. Genuine Honda accessories available for the Talon 1000R FOX Live Valve and Talon 1000R FOX Live Valve include:
- Aluminum Roof
- Aluminum Doors
- Fabric Upper Doors
- Lower Door Panels
- Auxiliary LED Lights
- Horn Kit
- Horn Kit Wire Harness
- 40” LED Light Bar
- Switch Plate/Wire Harness with Volt Meter
- Windshield Wiper Washer Kit
- Accessory Sub Harness
- Flag Kit
- Rear View Mirror
- Side Mirrors
- Rear Panel
- Fabric Rear Panel
- Winch Mount Kit
- Glass Windshield
- Half Wind Deflector
- Full Poly Vented Windscreen
- Cargo Bag
- Center Storage Bag
- Storage Cover
- Lower Door Storage Bags
- Corner Storage Bags
- Roof Storage Bags
- Front Bumper
- Aluminum Front Bumper
- A-Arm Guards
- A-Arm Guards
- Trailing Arm Guards
- Trailing Arm Guards
- Side Skid Plates
- Frame Skid Plates
- Rear Bumper
- Aluminum Rear Bumper
- Nerf Bars
- Floor Mats
- Audio System
- S&B Particle Separator
- Intrusion Bar