Honda’s new four-passenger Pioneer™ 700-4 is a SxS packed with innovation, performance, style, and value that’s geared for your needs, whether that’s recreation or work.
Now you don’t have to choose between a two-person or four-person Side-by-Side: The all-new Honda Pioneer™ boasts an innovative convertible design that allows the two rear seats to fold into the bed. Owners can opt to use the Pioneer with two-seat, three-seat or four-seat configurations. Best of all, the rear seats fold quickly and easily without the need for tools, and once folded away the Pioneer’s tilt-bed space can be fully utilized. Long-travel suspension combines a comfortable ride with high-performance handling, and helps give the Pioneer the load capacity to haul 1000 pounds or tow 1500 pounds. It will be available in three colors—Red, Green, and the new Honda-designed and trademarked Honda Phantom Camo™. A full line of more than 50 accessories will also be available when the Pioneer hits Honda’s dealer network later this year.
– Powered by Honda’s proven fuel-Injected 700cc-class liquid-cooled OHV single-cylinder four-stroke engine that features an automotive-style automatic transmission with hydraulic torque converter, three forward gears and reverse.
– All-new convertible seating design offers the versatility and adjustability of two, three, or four-person seating configurations.
– Seating arrangement can be quickly and easily changed thanks to a folding, stow-away rear-seat design, and provides full bed space and tilt function while in the two-person configuration.
– With the overall dimensions of a two-person design, the Pioneer maintains a high level of maneuverability while still being able to seat up to four people.
– Long-travel suspension with 7.9 inches in front and 9.1 inches in the rear provides a plush ride with class-leading stability.
– All-new rugged, aggressive and exciting styling.
– Three colors available including Red, Green, and the new Honda-designed and trademarked Honda Phantom Camo.
– Load capacities of 1000 pounds hauling, or 1500 pounds towing.
– Full line of more than 50 accessories will be available when the Pioneer hits Honda’s dealer network later this year.
– The Pioneer’s design incorporates proven Honda technology for legendary Honda reliability.
Available: Summer 2013
Specifications: (subject to change)
Colors: Available in Red, Olive or Honda Phantom™ Camo
Engine Type: 700cc liquid-cooled OHV single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore And Stroke: 102mm x 82.6mm
Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Induction: Electronic fuel injection (PGM-FI), 40mm throttle body
Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
Cargo Capacity: 1,000 lbs.
Towing Capacity: 1500 lbs.
Transmission: Automotive-style with hydraulic torque converter; three forward gears and Reverse; three drive modes: 2WD, 4WD, and 4WD with front differential lock
Ground Clearance: 10.5 Inches
Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 7.9 Inches
Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 9.1 Inches
• More information will be available in May.